Monday, August 3, 2009

all in the family

Guest post from my brother:

To start things off, I had the common post graduation dream where I forgot to write a paper for a class and just realized right before the paper is due and would fail to graduate as a result of not turning the paper in on time. I know that a lot of people have this dream, but it was the first time for me, so it kind of freaked me out. I am better now.

Moving on to more exciting things. This might be a sign that work has taken over. I was dreaming up inventions, some of which seemed like really good ideas at the time but I can't remember all of them now. The one that I do remember is a gem though. The basic concept of the invention is combining two advertising mediums, frisbees and t-shirts. The invention starts out as a frisbee with some sort of logo on it, and when you dunk the frisbee into water, it changes shape and becomes a t-shirt with the same logo on the front. In my deam I thought it was a great idea. When I awoke from the dream I laughed at myself and said no way that hasn't already been invented. I seemed to skip over the fact plastic plus water does not equal fabric. On my way to work, when I finally started to wake up, I remembered this dream and the thoughts that followed and realized that it was in fact the changing of materials that would hold this invention back, not the fact that someone has probably already done it. I could very easily check to see if it is out there but I am not going and prevent my dreams from potentially being crushed.

No comments: